Peer Review

Hi, Sandra, Xinyi, and Huatian,

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uYmu4oPqkbREK_uqST0SB828ckOSkZBWL3tYK1KhcKY/edit
  • Overview: In this paragraph, you introduce the subject of the course, as well as the purpose of teaching this course, student groups, expectations of students, and the importance of the course. You also briefly introduce the multimedia tools and educational methods that the course needs to use. You cited academic materials when mentioning the importance of the course, which is convincing.
  • The learning theory: Cognitivism. I think this is reasonable, because the group of students in this course are adults, and adults have better self-discipline. Five key components toward effective instruction cited in this paragraph are further explained and used in detail.
  • Learning design: I think this part of the design is not complete enough. You only mentioned interactive learning in this paragraph. But you also mentioned that there are video lectures and exams in the above paragraph. How did you design this part of learning? What is the topic of group learning? How to score? And what are your expectations of students? I think the content of this paragraph can be richer.
  • Learning context: Earlier, it was pointed out that the course is for adults’ leadership teaching, and this paragraph enriched the learning goals and problem thinking.
  • Learning outcomes: I think activities can be used as learning design. I think the outcomes in this paragraph do not fully meet the learning goals of the previous paragraph, such as the first question “Define effective communication strategies in business context” and how to cultivate students’ “effective and formal business writing”. I think that outcomes and context should be echoed and consistent.
  • Topic and activity: In activities, most of the learning is based on the interaction between students. How about the interaction between teachers and students?
  • Diverse learners: I think the designed course is more in line with the situation of single parents, but not in line with the situation of ELL. First of all, the use of Google Translate in teaching materials does not guarantee the accuracy of the content, and YouTube may not have subtitles in other languages. Can ELL students communicate with team members normally?
  • Technology: I think you can add social software for students to interact with each other, and blogs for sharing comment.