Interaction

Watching educational videos is a learner-generated media interaction, which is a learner-materials interaction. It does not force learners to respond in inherent way. Since the educational video is a learning emotion spontaneous by the learner, learners may take notes, comment at the bottom of the video, and search for information related to the video content to respond.

After the learners watch the video, I would recommend them to read academic materials related to the content of the video. Reading related materials can cultivate learners’ critical thinking and help learners see the duality of things, and it is also helpful for writing. Reading academics materials can be carried out from the Internet, or learners can borrow related materials from the library in the traditional way.

The feedback I envisioned with the learners comes from two points. One is face-to-face interaction in the classroom, allowing learners to show their own videos/ppt/infographics to explain their views, and then teachers and other learners will make evaluations, and the other method can be carried out online, blogging, so that learners and teachers can evaluate each other’s idea.

I think this will bring a lot of work to teachers. This is the spontaneous learning passion of learners. Teachers have to comment on the different viewpoints of each learner, and the reading materials will increase, and it will be difficult for teachers to control the quality of learners’ learning. But this work is easy to manage because the feedback mode of the learners is uniform. It is worth because each learner will have different ideas. But I think that if there are many learners in the same class, they can only interact in the form of online blogs. It takes a lot of time for each learner to take turns to talk about their ideas in the class.